Sunday, November 7, 2010

The end of our Fall 2010 trip to Four Corners

We arrived home, safe and sound, on the afternoon of Day 60.  The night before, we met up with friends in Forest Grove, OR, just west of Portland, to join them at the Verboort Sausage and Kraut Fest. New to us, but their 26th annual. Very fun. 

The whole trip was great. Would we do anything different? Not really...it was pretty close to perfect. Maybe slow down even more. We traveled 7,300 miles, which is a lot of driving, even spread over 60 days. We saw a ton of great sights, had no mishaps and yes, we still like each other. Our house on Bainbridge seems GIGANTIC after so many days in the van. Ruby agrees - she's having a hard time keeping her eye on both of us.

So, what now? Was I supposed to be figuring out the meaning of life, choosing my next career, finding my passion, or developing my creative side? There were no epiphanies, no light bulbs, but I'd say there were a few glimmers. I'm not putting any pressure on myself. Next up is organizing my hobby room and planning some holiday get-togethers.

The Blog has been great fun. I was surprised and truly gratified to see how many of you read and followed. It was incredibly helpful when you made suggestions about where to go and what to see. I will miss it!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment