Thursday, October 28, 2010

Bisbee, Arizona


Bisbee, Arizona! I always wanted to go there. Well, I didn't remember that I wanted to go there until I saw it on the map, fairly close to our route. And I have no idea why I wanted to go there. A remembered Sunset article, perhaps? Isn't Bisbee the setting for J.A. Jance's non-Seattle novels? Or is it just the name (Bisbee just sounds happy, doesn't it?)? In any case, we are in Bisbee, and it's definitely worth visiting. As the sign says, they have The Best Year Round Climate on Earth.


It's an old mining town (copper mostly), now full of artists, aging hippies, surprisingly good restaurants, coffee roasters, and antique dealers - all of whom seem to be extraordinarily friendly. Except, as an aside, i will just mention that we have counted 27 Border Patrol vehicles since arriving in Arizona - which doesn't seem particularly friendly. Bisbee also has a yarn/weaving shop, a food coop, and an independent bookstore...so it is definitely on our list of Good Small Towns To Live In.

No comments:

Post a Comment