Friday, October 15, 2010

Do you know the way to Santa Fe

I had no idea what northern New Mexico would look like. It's absolutely beautiful. Of course, this is likely the most spectacular time of year to see it. All of the campgrounds have been pretty much empty...hard to believe, with the weather still so gorgeous. It's very quiet and peaceful. And Ruby can run around like she owns the place.

There are art galleries everywhere, even on the backroads. Pottery, jewelry, woodcarving and weaving. My favorite by far is the weaving. Husband and I took a weaving class a couple years ago, learning just enough to appreciate the intricacies, the time involved, the looms, the yarns and strings. In my past life, I didn't have time to develop my hobbies...dabbling only a bit in knitting...but I love fiber arts...we'll see where it goes. I also love New Mexico. This sunshine, plus mountains and trees. Wow.

The photos are: 1) and 2) our campground at Chama, 3) and 4) the view from the highway as we drove south toward Santa Fe, 5) our campground at Santa Cruz Lake, 6) the valley near Truchas, on the high road to Taos. Wow, right?





1 comment:

  1. We really enjoyed visiting Las Vegas NM. It's frozen in time - the 1950's. Also Chaco Culture is completely amazing and GREAT camping there. But mostly New Mexico is yummmmmmmy for food.

    ReplyDelete